I’m really enjoying making these cards with various ornaments and in various colours. I first rubbed a scrap of very vanilla with the embossing buddy and then stamped one of the ornaments on it. I sprinkled on the cherry cobbler embossing powder and used the heat gun to make it shiny and raised. I then easily cut out the ornament with the matching framelits and attached it to the cherry cobbler mat with stampin’ dimensionals. The noel is part of the Wondrous Wreath framelits and I cut it out using a scrap of very vanilla.
I CASEd (Copy And Share Everything) this card from Connie Babbert. I made a few changes of course.
Base: Crushed curry 8.5″ by 5.5″ scored and folded.
Mat: Cajun craze 5 1/8″ by 3 7/8″.
Top layer: Very vanilla 5″ by 3 3/4″
Stamp set: Too kind
Inks: Garden green, crushed curry, cajun craze.
Today I’m using some of the images from the Too Kind stamp set (yesterday was just a sentiment). I started off by stamping the flower stems in garden green using my blender pen to extend some of them where necessary since I really wanted to have the flowers filling the card. I found that it was important to remember how large the flower heads are so as not to overfill the card. I took the smaller flower stamp and stamped two images before re-inking. Then I took the small second part stamp and using cajun craze just added the detail to a few flowers. I really liked how the flowers were varied rather than having them all the same. To finish the card, I lightly sponged some garden green on the ground. I lined the envelope with my go to background DSP (in crushed curry) but also stamped 2 of the flowers on the front.
I’ve tried other colour combinations, but this is my favourite so far.
A friend asked me to make a thinking of you/good thoughts kind of card for a male colleague who is going through some treatment. I assumed that I’d have something suitable but, after looking through my ever growing box of cards, I could find nothing that works. Here, then, is what I produced.
Base: Very vanilla 8.5″ by 5.5″
Mat: Always artichoke 4″ by 5 1/4″
Top layer: Very vanilla 3 3/4″ by 5″
Stamp set: Lovely as a tree, Too kind
Ink: Always artichoke
This is a very simple and, I think, effective card. I merely took the tree image from the Lovely as a tree stamp set again and, using the stamp-a-ma-jig printed it in always artichoke ink. I added the sentiment from the Too kind stamp set – I used the stamp-a-ma-jig for that too although looking at the card now in the photo, I can see that I didn’t use it very effectively! All that was left was to glue the layers together (I’ve become addicted to the tombow liquid glue since there’s a little time to wiggle things before it sets) and line the envelope. The liner was cut out using the regals backgrounds DSP and the envelope liners framelits.
My upline, Jen, does Technique Tuesdays every now and then. I decided to adopt the idea for my blog. So here’s the first technique – using painters’ tape to make a slightly different background. I know that I saw this somewhere on line but can’t remember where. My apologies for that although I’m sure that it wasn’t the original creator.
Base: Night of navy 8.5″ by 5.5″
Top layer: Very vanilla 4″ by 5.25″
Stamp Sets: Lovely as a Tree, Four You
Inks: Pistachio Pudding, Night of Navy
First I stamped the tree image on the very vanilla cardstock in the night of navy ink. Of course I used my stamp-a-ma-jig. I then took some of the 2 inch wide blue painter’s tape and put the sticky side directly onto the pistachio pudding ink pad, pressing down with my finger. I carefully put the tape over my stamped trees and pressed down again (carefully cleaning the ink off my fingers first). For some reason the trees came out best if they were stamped before the background. I added the sentiment from the Four You stamp set in Night of navy and lined the envelope using the regals backgrounds DSP. The liner was cut out using the envelope liners framelits and the big shot. Nice and easy.
Here’s another card using the items from the new Holiday catalogue. There’s a picture in there using these colours for a completely different stamp set but having made a traditionally coloured wreath, I wanted to try something different. So I copied their colour choices and produced this.
This stamp set, the Wondrous Wreath comes with matching framelits so that you can cut them out. Cutting the wreath out with scissors would definitely not be happening! The stamps are photopolymer which means that they are completely see through making placement easy. I actually didn’t use my trusty stamp-a-ma-jig!
Base: 8.5″ by 4.25″ folded in half
The wreath is a three step stamping process. You first use the wreath with all the leaves (I stamped in soft sky on very vanilla) and then the second wreath with just a few leaves (lost lagoon) and then you use the third which has only berries. These are stamped in pear pizzazz. The stamps cleverly have a tab on them so that, as long as you always point it the same way for each of the stamps (and framelits), everything will line up perfectly. I cut out my wreath using the matching framelit with the help of the Big Shot.
I then took the Joy framelit in the same set and cut out a piece of pear pizzazz. One tip that I read on Susan Itell’s site was to put wax paper between the die and the cardstock – it makes it MUCH easier to get the card and die apart.
To assemble the card, I popped the wreath up on dimensionals and then carefully glued the Joy sentiment across it. An adhesive remover was handy here until I got better at this. I found that by putting a little tombow glue on a scrap of paper and then picking up just a tiny amount on the tip of the tombow bottle, saved me from having spodges of glue on my card.